Welcome to the middle… we are so close, almost there, just a few more days and we will be smack dab in the center of 2011 and The Promise 365.
This is a four part series that will focus on you guessed it …the middle. I will share what it’s like for me being in the middle of this year and would love to hear from you too.
Part 1: Body
The “body” comes first because it’s honestly the easiest one for me to track. Mostly because I gauge my body on how my clothes fit.
How do you gauge the changes in your body?
I have no idea how I weigh-in these days. I rarely step on a scale and couldn’t guess my current weight if the DMV forced me to. In fact, instead of asking for my pounds I wish the Department of Motor Vehicles would just have me check off a box with a yes or no question like: “Do you fit in your favorite pair of jeans? Yes or No.” It would be way more accurate.
I’ve seen a few changes in my body during The Promise 365.
Below is my Top Ten Body List thus far:
1. Best Body Change? Weight. I credit the Colorado Cleanse.
While I didn’t embark on the cleanse to solely lose weight, I am happily wearing clothes I couldn’t sneak my cheeks into back in January.
(Note: because I don’t step on a scale I have no idea how much weight I lost, I just know I now wear shorts I couldn’t last summer ~ and I even sport pants that didn’t fit this February.)
2. Best New Habit? Daily facial cleansing routine. Still doing it. Still loving it. Why did it take me this long?
3. Best Body Fuel? Most notably I have totally changed the way I eat ~ I’ve learned “food” isn’t just what makes my stomach stop roaring at embarrassing loud octaves in public, it is also what fuels my blood which then is turned into every cell in my body. The result: gluten and dairy (mostly) be gone.
4. Biggest Body Surprise? Who knew I was addicted to sugar?? And when I say addicted I mean I have a junior high crush on chocolate so hard it’s like an unhealthy bad boy relationship. I think about him every 2 hours, I write him love notes, I sit by the phone waiting for him to call. I am working through my clingy behavior by excommunicating mocha, cookies and brownies. So far so good. We’ll see how the rest of the year goes.
5. Favorite New Body Food? Navitas Naturals Cacao Powder in my coffee. Yummy.
6. Best Body Move: Seven day yoga challenge. What a great idea. I should do that more often. Somebody remind me to do that again.
7. Best Body Relief: Three words: Hot. Rock. Massage.
8. Biggest Body Mistake: Brazilian Bikini Wax. I couldn’t finish. Say no more.
9. Most Likely To Do Again? Run. Someday I will run again. Someday soon I’m sure. Like maybe even tomorrow or the next day. Or this fall. Who knows?
10. Smallest Body Change: Painted my nails red. Yes, I said red. And when I say red I mean BRIGHT RED. This is coming from “pale pink girl” who is faithfully devoted to “Get Me To The Taj On Time” by O.P.I. Yesterday, for some reason, I decided to go a little crazy, a little red, a little OSU Crimson. At first I was appalled by it’s Dorothy’s Red Slipper brilliance and could barely see straight with the glare shining up from my typing finger tips, but now I rather like it.
And, really, this newest change sums up what I think this year is all about: trying new things, digging deeper, and taking a few risks.
What, you scoff at red nails as a risk?
Review Number 8 and then we’ll talk.