I suppose if I am going to spend an entire year focusing, researching and diving into the pool of “abundance”
…I should start with a general understanding of what it is.
So here we have it, straight out of the dictionary:
- an extremely plentiful or oversufficient quality or supply
- overflowing fullness: abundance of the heart
- affluence; wealth, the enjoyment of abundance
But, really it goes deeper than that, right?
It has to be more than a defined word.
It must be a state of mind.
A way of being.
A way of life.
So what is abundance to me?
It’s a good question.
I pondered the idea as we walked the streets of New York City over the holiday.
- NYC. The Big Apple. Mecca of wealth and privilege.
- Limitless options, extravagant shopping and dining.
- Beautiful buildings and beautiful people.
- The best of the best. The cream of the crop.
- If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.
- Start spreading the news!
Then I saw this sign.
“In the City That Never Sleeps, everyone needs a place to pray.”
And it made me think about what my “gifts” each day this year should be.
So here goes …I have to start somewhere.
My gift today:
Everyone who comments on the blog today will receive a prayer from me. That’s it. I will send good vibes your way. Straight from my heart.
Could only help us all, right??
And that brings me to…
What does abundance mean to you?