Day 14: three secret words

14 Jan

I had the most amazing experience today.

My style points were uncovered by the talented Holly Getty.

Last week, after I wrote about Holly’s professional shopping tips she offered to do my “style points”.

Fabulous! I thought. I’m so excited! Bring it on!
Wait. What’s a style point?

I didn’t really know what I was getting into or what this process was all about.
Turns out, it was closet-changing.

Through a really amazing visualization technique Holly guided me to three very powerful words.  Each word stands for something very personal and empowering. I couldn’t possibly do the process justice by writing about it here.

But, I do know this: I will never look at my closet the same again.

Each of these words holds a nugget of intelligence that far surpasses any advice I have ever read in a magazine. It is more empowering than tips on how to conceal a pear shape, apple shape or any other fruit you may be dressing.

Want to know my three secret words?

Here are my style points …drum roll please:

Loved
Bright
Naturally Glamorous

They probably mean nothing to anyone else. But they represent the world to me.
Possibly because they come from inside instead of covering up the outside.

Next up: I want to clean out my closet and uncover the clothes that represent each of these style points. So I can feel as loved, bright and naturally glamorous as possible every day!

Thank you Holly.

7 Responses to “Day 14: three secret words”

1. Sandra January 14, 2011 at 11:35 PM #

“Loved! Bright! Naturally Glamorous!”
    I love it and I’m adopting your style points as mine, too! You’ve inspired me Jamie 🙂
    Cheers!!
    Sandra

• Jamie January 15, 2011 at 1:00 PM #

Ah, you are more than welcome to these style points Sandra! I love them too and am so grateful to Holly for helping me work my way to them. Hope you feel the love, brightness and naturally glamorous-ness today and always!

2. Rosemary Nickel January 15, 2011 at 6:08 AM #

Those three words are perfect for you Jamie! I love the “Naturally Glamorous” that is what you look like to me. 🙂

My interest is peaked!

• Jamie January 15, 2011 at 12:58 PM #

Oh, thank you Rosemary. You wouldn’t believe how talented Holly is at this process. It really does change the way I look at my closet and what I surround myself with — I highly recommend!

3. livingontheedgeblog January 15, 2011 at 7:59 AM #

Love it! Style points. And I love your vision for 365 reflections. ~Andrea Hylen

• Jamie January 15, 2011 at 12:57 PM #