GIFT DAY 090: 30-day gratitude challenge: day 14, HOP to it!

31 Mar

Day 14 of the 30-Day Gratitude Challenge over here.

What finds you in AWE today?

• Is it little girls in pink and green dresses?
  • Little boys hunting for eggs?
  • A warm spring morning?

Today I was awestruck by the scene I awoke to on the beach.

easter morning, the promise daily, jamie eslinger

The dogs woke me up early begging – no whining – to go outside. I rolled over and looked at the time on my iPhone. 6:34AM.

“You’ve GOT to be kidding me.” I groaned.

The dogs kept whining and pacing around the bed. Finally, Pup jumped up on top of me as if to say, “Listen lady, we mean biz.”

I grimaced. I groaned. Then acquiesced.

And I’m so glad I did. I would have missed the sunrise. I would have missed this beautiful picture. I would have rolled over and missed the light.

So, today, I am grateful for:

1) An enlightening sunrise
2) Staying in my PJ’s and reading in bed until 3pm
3) Two pups who never let me sleep in

So….
What are your grateful for?
What floats your boat? Gives you faith? Fans the wind beneath your wings? Lightens your load? Rocks your world? Sounds the alarm, wraps you in joy, sends you hopping?

What puts the AWE in your awesome?

Lovemore (fearless),

{Hop to it! Share your gratitude in the comments section below.}

9 Responses to “GIFT DAY 090: 30-day gratitude challenge: day 14, HOP to it!”

1. Margo Frazier March 31, 2013 at 3:53 PM #

Oh so grateful for my YCDA sisters and their unconditional support
    For marrying my friend
    For forgiveness

• Jamie March 31, 2013 at 5:53 PM #

So grateful for you Margo!

2. MaryB March 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM #

Happy Easter!! What a cool picture!! I grateful for dogs, cameras and LOVE!!!

• Jamie March 31, 2013 at 5:53 PM #

Happy Easter Mary!!

3. Janet Shea March 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM #

Easter Mass
    Easter brunch with my Jewish friends (our new tradition the past couple of years since the kids are gone)
    Resting in my recliner with my 2 dogs on my lap – happy exhaustion after 5 days of singing.

• Jamie March 31, 2013 at 5:54 PM #

Happy exhaustion 😉 and Happy Easter!

4. Linda R Neff March 31, 2013 at 7:53 PM #

1. Seeing a caregivers hand placed gently on the back of person they were helping
    2. My dad’s homemade mashed potatoes
    3. The promise of Easter as captured in Jamie’s sunrise photo

5. Diane Neal Emmons March 31, 2013 at 9:01 PM #

Getting up on Easter morning in time for church, which is early for me reminds me to be grateful that I can get up, and mostly for the event that the day celebrates. Also grateful that these days I can sleep as late as I can. And for you.

6. Cara March 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM #

*Getting to introduce different friends to each other
    *Singing out to God with a group of others, equally in awe of His love
    *Sitting in the sun, talking on the phone with an old-brother friend, my husband partaking