GIFT DAY 091: 30-day gratitude challenge: day 15, are you telling the truth?

1 Apr

Day 15 of the 30-Day Gratitude Challenge over here.

We are half-way there.

Today is an interesting day being April Fool’s Day.
All I can think about is the truth.

Part of me wants to tell you something absurdly funny today. Part of me wants to fool you, to make you laugh, to make you smile, or maybe, to shock your socks off.

I had all sorts of wild ideas of what I could write.

You would have loved it!
But it came down to this — it would not have been the truth.

And I want this place to be so near and dear to my heart that it is always the truth — as much of the truth that I am clear about in the moment.

Don’t get me wrong, I love a good joke.

Grandpa Sligar, jamie eslinger, the promise daily

I can easily play the fool. I come from a long line of pranksters. My grandfather, God bless him, was a PREACHER and a PRANKSTER all wrapped into one big bear-hug of a man.

He would tease us with candy cigarettes, pretending they were real just to see how we would react when he offered one our way.

In his heyday he was known to have more than a few jokes up his sleeve. I inherited his wide angle on enlightenment and an appreciation for the funny bone too.

So today, it’s not easy for me to hold back. I SO want to unleash some funny! But, I never want to fool you.

It’s just not what this promise is about.

Let me stick to what I know I am grateful for:
1) Memories of my Grandpa – such a funny man!
2) April showers that will bring May flowers
3) Your trust

And that’s the truth.

Lovemore (fearless),

{The truth? You don’ t have to share… but it feels so good when you do! Share what you’re grateful for in the comments section below.}

7 Responses to “GIFT DAY 091: 30-day gratitude challenge: day 15, are you telling the truth?”

1. Kelly D. April 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM #

Chicken covered in mushroom soup baking in the oven! Picking up my pets (whom were so happy to see me) from being boarded for the past 7 days! A hike in the park with a sweet friend!

• Jamie April 1, 2013 at 6:54 PM #

Welcome back! Love those pets and wags and wiggles that greet you when you pick them up from being boarded!! xoxo~Jamie

2. Cara April 1, 2013 at 6:23 PM #

This is very interesting timing, because truth was something I was thinking about a lot yesterday, and was grateful for (though it didn’t make the list.) Thank you for honoring truth and exemplifying it!
    Grateful for:
    *time spent kicking a soccer ball around with my husband
    *public parks
    *public libraries

• Jamie April 1, 2013 at 6:56 PM #

Ah, this sounds so fun and lovely and romantic!

3. Dawn April 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM #

Great pic of Grandpa, Sis! He really was funny, and so was Aunt Deanie. Remember the story of her sewing his pants legs shut so he fell down when he jumped into them when he was dressing? That story still makes me laugh! We come from a long line of pranksters on both sides. I’m grateful for it being spring, my boys (who are getting taller every day!), and episodes of Castle (LOVE Nathan Fillion)!

4. Margo Frazier April 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM #

Heart filled with gratitude today for medical insurance and a job so I can afford it
    For A lady named Barbara Cavanaugh that encouraged me to learn how to unlearn
    My sister who is so very honest it hurts but it hurts good.

5. Diane Neal Emmons April 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM #

Truth and love – and appreciation instead of criticism – all so much a part of you that you give to us – Thanks!
    And lovemore