BLOG – GIFT DAY 217 :: thank you chocolate

5 Aug
Who did you thank today?I ask because I am finding this Card Crusade so enlightening. It has made me so much more focused on being a giver instead of a taker.

Today, as I practiced my giving muscle, I sent my card for yesterday (since it was Sunday) and wrote out a new one for today. Yesterday’s card went out to my dear friend Amy, who has been like a soul-sister to me. And today’s card is going to a yogi I adore.

A few days ago I received this fun gift in the mail.
Chocolate!

And, yes, I was happy to be a taker!!

Thank you Kelly, I loved the surprise.
And, yes, the chocolate was melted when it arrived (but nothing a freezer can’t fix!). While it did melt it still tasted SO GOOD!

Even more important, the gift melted my heart.

It’s not any ordinary chocolate bar. It comes with a love poem inside.  And since chocolate gives off the power of love and that all over warm feeling (apparently the flavanols in chocolate increase blood flow) I have to admit, I love it.

But, you know what I LOVE more…..
Sending cards out to people I care about. There just aren’t enough cards or days to tackle that one, but I am trying one day at a time.

And, I encourage you to reach out to ones you love as well.

• Slip a card in your hubby’s lunch
  • Hide a card under your child’s pillow
  • Stick a card on your mother’s dashboard
  • Drop a note on your employee’s desk
It doesn’t take a lot to say thank you.
It really only takes two words (and maybe some chocolate love!).More tomorrow.

Lovemore {fearless}
JamieP.S. The CARD CRUSADE all made possible by Green Ink Gallery. Check out their beautiful fine art cards!

P.P.S.  If you want to get some chocolate that professes its love to you, click here.

{what do love, right now?}

6 Responses to “BLOG – GIFT DAY 217 :: thank you chocolate”

1. Diane Neal Emmons August 5, 2013 at 10:53 PM #

Can’t send chocolate by e-mail but THANK YOU JAMIE!
    Lovemore

• Jamie August 6, 2013 at 6:59 AM #

Chocolate by email is way less fattening I hear 😉 LOVE MORE to you!

2. Kelly D. August 6, 2013 at 4:25 AM #

I love the sound of rain falling down outside my dining room atrium doors. Our dining room opens to a screened porch, so I can prop the doors open and not worry about any creepy crawlers coming in!! It’s a nice cool morning here in Missouri, too. Around 72 degrees. Glad you loved the chocolate bar. You made me smile when I read your blog this morning!xo

• Jamie August 6, 2013 at 7:03 AM #

So happy to receive your package! Very sweet of you Kelly. Your morning sounds lovely and peaceful. 😉 I am doing a little rain dance over here praying for some rain (without lightning!). Sending you love!

3. Janet Shea August 6, 2013 at 1:34 PM #

What a lovely blog today. Mmmm – chocolate 🙂

• Jamie August 6, 2013 at 2:08 PM #

Mmmmmmm…. highly recommend freezing melted chocolate. It works!!