JAMIE’S BLOG – DAY 353 :: beautiful life

22 Dec

Peak performance moment of the day: seeing my Great Aunt Beulah.

She’s ninety-five years old. Which is AMAZING to me. She’s still beautiful. Loving. And so special.

As my grandfather’s only living sister she has outlived them all.

I’m not sure Aunt B remembered me today, or even me as the little girl who collected golf balls in her backyard off the tenth tee of the golf course that was her backyard. But it doesn’t matter, because I remember her.

And today,  I loved holding Aunt B’s frail hand as she grasped onto mine. It wasn’t so much what we said to each other, it was more about holding a moment together in our hands, as her fingers gripped mine. I didn’t want to let go and it felt like she didn’t either.

Which brings me back to peak performance and living a long, beautiful life.
Ninety-five years old never looked so beautiful to me.

Lovemore,

{what was your peak performance moment of the day?}

6 Responses to “JAMIE’S BLOG – DAY 353 :: beautiful life”

1. Shannon Dixon December 23, 2014 at 7:02 AM #

What a beautiful photo of you and your aunt….
    I absolutely love connecting with the wisdom & beauty of our elders, we can learn so much from them 🙂
    Merry Christmas!

• Jamie December 23, 2014 at 8:18 PM #

Merry Christmas Shannon!

2. Lizette December 23, 2014 at 8:49 AM #

Wow. Aunt B sure looks awesome and so do you Jamie. Merry Christmas. Much love Mike and Lizette

• Jamie December 23, 2014 at 8:18 PM #

Merry Christmas Lizette!

3. Venita Philbrick December 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM #

Jamie – your words are very special and I’ll share them with Mom. She’s sleeping right now – yesterday a long one for her and tomorrow (Christmas Eve) will be another…

• Jamie December 23, 2014 at 8:18 PM #

Oh, that’s wonderful. And Merry Christmas to everyone!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )